I can not believe it has been a month since my last blog post! Time just goes so quickly I can't keep up. However, I am committed to this blog. It's something I wanted for a while, so no matter how much time goes by, I will be posting!
I have been asked a lot lately, how I keep my motivation to work out. The answer is simple. I love it.I have learned that once you make working out less of "Omg I have to workout" & more of a "Yay I can't wait to do something great for my body today." It gets easier.
Flash back around 5 years ago. I hated working out. I had "no" time & I was "skinny" so why would I need to work out right? I think that is what a lot of people think when they look at me. To me, weight is not the reason why I work out. I work out because I want to be strong. I work out because when I am anxious or stressed it is my outlet. I work out, because I have one body & I want to take care of it. I work out because I want to feel challenged & to grow. You do not need to go to the gym for hours & hours at a time. There are so many things you can do at home, or so many guides that you can do that do not require so much of your time. Just all your energy while you are doing them!
My friend Megan said to me " It takes 21 days to make or break a habit" that is something that has stuck with me. If you commit to something for more than just a few days, it becomes easier. However, only you can commit to yourself. Here are a few of my recommendations on how to start & feel motivated.
1) Find a community of people with like goals & interests. For me, this started with Soul Cycle. A community of people who are so supportive & motivated. I couldn't get enough and I just wanted to keep going back ( this has not changed at all!) It also started for me when I created my instagram and met so many people through Kayla Itsines Meet ups, as well as other fitness classes I have taken. I have met some pretty badass women who inspire me every day!
2) Set realistic goals. Small goals sometimes are the best ones. They can turn into some of the most successful ones. This might sound cliche, but write those goals down. Every morning when you wake up, look at them because only you are going to push yourself to go after them.
3) Be easy on yourself. There isn't a finish line. Remember you are doing this for you. It takes hard work & dedication. If you aren't seeing the results you want try not to get discouraged. Just take a deep breathe and re evaluate yourself.
4) Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice. If there is one thing I have learned, it is how important asking questions is. I also turn to youtube when I need some motivational videos to watch!
5) Last but certainly not least, don't forget to acknowledge your hard work & dedication. We all have ups & downs but its important to know recognize the work you are putting in. So reward yourself when you start achieving those goals.
I am always here! This is a team effort so whenever you feel like quitting please message me! We are in this together xx