Let's talk about bad days. We all have them. We all hate them and we all try to avoid them but it is pretty much impossible to not have a bad day.
Yesterday, I just wasn't having a good day. Couldn't really tell you why but I just felt off. So I was working on something for the wedding and found mistakes that I had made. I was getting so frustrated and started to cry. Literally it was so small and it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed but being the emotional person I am, tears immediately started running down my face. Joe, who was helping me, so calmly said to me " Will this matter in a month, a year, 5 years." He said "Ash it really isn't that big of a deal." I thought about it for a second and stubborn little me said " It will matter." When in all honesty, I was already over it because I came up with a solution lol
Have you ever just had a bad day that all those little tiny things that can be fixed just bother you. You make them out to be bigger than they actually are. We automatically react as if is the worst thing that has ever happened. When things don't go as planned, it ruins our whole day. We overanalyze every little situation. We pick out all the things going wrong in our life and forget about all the things that we should be thankful for because in the moment we are just so sad, upset and frustrated.
We cannot control bad days. Life gets in the way and things happen. However, the way we react is something we can control. Here are a few things I am trying to work on when having a bad day. Sometimes you just need to try and find the good in every situation even when you have to dig a little deeper to find it..
1) As Joe said.. will this matter in a day, a month a year? If it is something that is so small and irrelevant take a deep breath and try to come up with a solution rather than dwelling on it. Obviously this depends on the situation!
2) We all go through hard times. Regardless of your definition of a hard time, as human beings we all experience them. Although we go through struggles and at times we feel weak we need to remember that those hard times help us appreciate the good ones.
3) It is OKAY to cry. Don't hold it in. Crying does not make you weak it means that you are showing your emotions. It isn't good to hold back. So if you need a good cry, do it. Release it..You will feel so much better afterwards.
4) Think about everything that you have been through and how much stronger you are today because of it. Life is a learning experience you live and you learn. Close your eyes and remind yourself this.
5) NO ONE HAS THE PERFECT LIFE. Do not compare yourself to others. We all have different paths and are at different points in our lives. Comparison prevents us from being happy with our lives.
These are the top 5 things I am reminding myself when I have a bad day & I hope you do too.
I want to leave you with this quote because it is one of my favorites..
" & if today, all you did was hold yourself together..I am proud of you."