Well hello friends!!
Something I have been telling myself lately is that if you want to be happy, you have to wake up happy.
You can’t wait to see where the day takes you. You get to decide what kind of day you’ll have. Yes, things happen throughout our day that will test us and can alter our happiness but it’s our choice with how we deal with those conflicts.
I know this is easier said than done, but personally I love waking up and looking at the bright side of things. I try my hardest to turn a negative situation into a positive one or to find ways in which I will learn a life lesson.
It is very easy to get wrapped up in our everyday lives and repetitious routines that sometimes it is hard to find inspiration or motivation on the daily. I recently have found this happen to myself. My routine seems to be the same every single day. I am a creature of habit. I love writing and finding words to say but I was having a hard time doing that, for literally no reason! I am surrounded by inspirational, amazing people yet personally I have been feeling uninspired. The great news is, I realized this. No one else did obviously because this is a personal thing that only I only I know( well now I am sharing it with you lol) but I realized and I decided to take action.
I want to wake up every day ( Okay maybe that’s not realistic but most days like 6/7 :)) and feel inspired and ready to go. I want to look for beauty in everyday life and be able to speak my feelings. So a few things I have been doing to help me feel more inspired lately are below!
Please read if you ever feel this way too! There is nothing wrong with you, there is nothing wrong with me! Sometimes we just need a little soul searching :
1) Do not check your phone right away. No texts, no social media, no emails. I have tendency to go right to my phone in the morning the minute I wake up. I check my texts, emails and log on to Instagram. I have been avoiding doing this. I get up, wash my face, brush my teeth and get my routine going. On a weekend, I won’t check until after breakfast. During the week I won’t log on until I am out of the house and going to the gym before work. I find that this allows me to focus on myself before everyone else. Okay that sounds selfish but I mean it in the least selfish way possible. When logging on to Instagram first thing, I am giving all my attention to everyone else’s lives and not paying attention to my own. I want to get my mind going surrounded with Joe, or listening to music on my way to work or just sitting in silence. This has allowed me personally to be more in touch with myself first thing in the morning which is an awesome way to start the day.
2) Go on a stay-cation/vacation/ or just go outside!- I have been lucky enough to go away a few weeks ago with my family to Costa Rica. Being in another country, surrounded by different groups of people, and different surroundings allowed me to appreciate life and get out of my normal routine. Clearly, not everyone can just book a vacation when they need some inspiration or down time and I totally understand that! Going away though helped me realize that we have beauty around us every single day. We just chose not to look up and see it. We get so caught up in our lives that we just forget to take a moment and appreciate. So if you don’t have a vacation booked, see if you can book a stay-cation. A quick little weekend trip OR even easier.. go for a walk! Spend time outdoors and just be.
3) Read a BOOK!- I don’t know about you but I find it impossible to ever finish a book. I start so many great ones and because my time is limited to when I can read it, I just never finished. It felt so great to finish a book on my vacation. It has been so long that I forgot how nice it is to just read! Sound silly I know, but it’s the truth. Set aside some time to read something that interests you.
4) Wake up each morning and immediately think of something you are grateful for. This can be as simple as “ I am thankful I opened my eyes this morning”. Or more specific like “ I am thankful for my husband and my family”. Starting your day recognizing something you are thankful for will be the best way to start your day J Try it!
5) LISTEN- Listening is so important. Sometimes we are so busy we forget to listen to others we just hear what we want to hear. Being away with my mom and two aunts I really enjoyed listening to them speak with each other. The stories they told of their childhood and families, ideas, and views I really truly loved. It was humbling. Another example, when I am at SoulCycle I listen to every word the instructor says. I try to get out of my head when I am riding and just be one with the words and the music. Those words will stick, and you will carry those vibes right into your day.
So if you ever feel uninspired, tired of your same ol routine.. make a few simple teeny changes. Look up, appreciate life and be grateful for everything you have.
We are forever evolving, keep doing you and keep striving for more.